A blog of my digital camera exploits

Saturday, April 16, 2011

Shot List 4/16

--== This Blog Has Moved!! ==--
Check out my new blog, I AM Zech.

I decided to start a reoccurring post titled "Shot List"
This will be an update on what I'm planning and doing.

On Tuesday I got a call in the middle of my Jazz History class to go shoot a missions trip promo. Being excited to shoot anything, I quickly grabbed all my gear and headed over to Vanguard where I met up with Dan, Roxanne, Adam, Kimberly, David, and Danny.
We shot three people, Adam, David, and Roxanne, talking about what the mission trip is and why people should go. We also shot a short with Kimberly texting Danny about the missions trip, that will be the intro to the video, then the interviews will run. This is going to be played in main service in a little over a week.
On this shoot I decided to try using the superflat picture profile, and although it looks bland on screen, when I brought the footage back and did some preliminary grading, it was a dream come true. Yes, the blacks have just a touch of noise, but the noise almost looks organic and natural, plus the blacks have noise in pretty much any picture profile.

Today, Ill be transcoding the footage from Tuesdays shoot and also shooting a promo video for Frontline Church Planting Center downtown. More information about them can be found at http://www.frontlinechurchplanting.com/
I'm not entirely sure what to expect from this shoot. I plan on using superflat again for sure, but other than that, I have a lot of new gear to play with: a new fluid head tripod, a shoulder mount and an eyepiece loupe.
I'm considering shooting this in cropped CinemaScope, which would be my first time using it for an actual piece.

After I get back from that its edit as much as I can, to cut a new announcement video, since one didn't get shown last week and we never shot one this week, and the other projects I've already mentioned.

No comments:

Post a Comment